PPC method implies that an advertiser pays a publisher for every click-through whenever an online user clicks on an ad published on the publisher’s website. The amount the advertiser receives varies based according to a number of factors involved.
If executed in a right way, PPC campaigns may deliver tremendous results and are cost-effective in online marketing and advertising.
Things You Should Always
DO in Your Google PPC Adwords Campaign
- DO a deep keyword research before setting up your ads. Use online tools to search for proper keywords such as Google Keyword Planner. This will help you to get proper keywords that will give you the best results in your PPC campaign.
- DO group your keywords basing on a theme and relevance targeting a specific group. The major technique in PPC is to get results from a specifically targeted group. Using specific keywords relevant to a targeted audience is essential. The more relevant your ads are, the best chances you have for increasing your Click Through Rates (CTR), which will improve your Quality Score and better cost for your ads.
- DO make sure that the landing page or website is professionally built making sure that the targeted audience will like it and not bounce back. Users click on ads because they are searching for information regarding products and services that they need. If your landing page or website do not provide what they are looking for, they will not stay but they will just bounce back. With a good landing page or website, you can expect to have better conversation rates that will meet your targeted goals making your PPC Advertising campaign a success.
- DO have a clear understanding of the technical aspects of how your ads are displayed. You must understand things like CPC, the budget you plan to spend on PPC Services Company that you have chosen, your Quality Score, Phrase popularity, as well as knowing your Competitors’ CPC for same keywords. This will give you a clear picture of how your ads will work so you can predict the effectiveness of your campaign and make any necessary changes if possible.
- DO make use of Geographic Targeting. If you are not targeting the whole world, it will be best to target audiences based upon the geographic location.
This is because you will be sure that your campaign will reach a targeted group that will be familiar and interested in the goods and services that you are offering.
- DO use Conversion Tracking. This will enable you to have a better insight into how your sales are being affected by your campaign. This will give you specific information on your Return on Investments.
- DO Re-Targeting and Re-Optimize your ads. This can help to attract more audiences with better and more graphical and eye-catching ads.The targeted audiences may lead to a conversion in sales or leads.
Things that You SHOULD NEVER DO when setting up your Adwords PPC Campaign
- DON’T ever choose your keywords based on search volume. Keywords with a high monthly volume mean more competition from advertisers, which would lead you to incur more cost. Choose words based on your targeted audiences.
- DON’T use collective keywords. Using collective or generic keywords may lead you to pay for an expensive PPC campaign but getting poor results from it. Internet users are more specific when they are searching for what they want on search engines. Using specific keywords can help your PPC Advertising campaign to reach the targeted audiences and bring better results.
- DON’T base too much on keyword popularity. It is very important to choose keywords that Google suggests as being the popular words. But if they are not relevant to your targeted audiences then it will be best if you do not use them and put more focus on keywords that will enable higher breakthrough.
DON’T lead all traffic only to your home page. It is better to a landing page or website where you are sure that they will take action like subscribing or leaving their contact information or making a direct purchase.
- DON’T take your landing page for granted. You must make sure your landing page is directly proportional to your PPC Advertising campaign because it is through it that the conversion can occur. You must take advantage of your landing page by full customizing it and making sure that it will attract the targeted audiences by providing them the right information about what you are offering.
- DON’T ever set your PPC campaign and then leave it to work without keeping a regular checkup. PPC campaign needs to be monitored closely so as to get feedback that will help you in tracking results in order to improve and optimize your ads.
Traditional offline advertising is losing over Digital Marketing. Any PPC Services Company would offer low-cost online alternatives that bring more specific and more targeted results. But remember you should never leave everything to PPC Services company because the success of a PPC campaign relies on what you do and how much you focus on best practices as well as avoiding things that you should not do.